Sunday, March 16, 2008

French Quarter

I saved the pictures of the French Quarter for their own post. It is really an amazing place down there and totally unlike the rest of the city. I just wanted to share a couple pictures of the street performers that we saw that I thought were really neat. First picture, I have no idea on Earth how this guy manages to balance on the ladder and not move. I mean, he does not move at all. I couldn't even see him breath! The second pic is a man completely painted in silver! He stands on a platform and looks like a real metal statue. Only as we were walking by, he made these really weird clicking sounds to get our attention. He never said a word but he set this picture up of Brian being held up by the silver statue and Zack, Kevin and Brian's family friend. It really was neat and made for a great picture!

There were a lot of other neat things we saw, like the riverboats and row after row of historic bars and taverns. Even the peoplewatching was spectacular. We went to the Audubon Aquarium and Jackson Square. I'd never seen that much of the French Quarter on foot. We'd always just driven by so it was like all of us were tourists for the day instead of just them. I hope they come back again soon!

No comments:

Click and watch!